Wishing you and yours the happiest of holidays and a bright and successful New Year!
Friday, December 23, 2016
Friday, December 16, 2016
|Applied Analytics™ OMA|
Since the pigs are never completely effective at blocking the interface, a significant volume does suffer intermixing and must be removed for reprocessing. The amount of material routed to reprocessing is usually just pre-programmed with a large margin of error on either end of the interface to ensure removal of intermixed products. This is a simplistic model that is unnecessarily wasteful of material and time.
By using a device such as the Applied Analytics™ OMA industrial analyzer, the chemical concentrations, purity, and physical properties can be measured in a continuously drawn sample from the liquid stream. This allows for real-time analytics of the materials in the pipe, including chemical concentrations, purity, and color.
The OMA system continuously monitors full-spectrum absorbance in the pipeline stream. A change in this spectrum indicates a change in the purity/composition of the material passing through the pipeline. Therefore, the OMA immediately detects the ‘interface’ point where the material has begun to intermix with the subsequent material in the pipeline.
Monitoring the 1st derivative of a complete UV-Vis/SW-NIR absorbance spectrum allows the OMA to detect changes in composition with high sensitivity and fast response. The user can define the threshold contamination level which will signal for rerouting of the stream.
For more information, contact Ives Equipment at http://www.ivesequipment.com or call (877) 768-1600.
Saturday, December 10, 2016
|Irrigation flow meter in the field (courtesy of SIEMENS)|
Few resources are as vital to the human population, and the global economy as water. To ensure the continuous preservation of this valuable commodity, the water industry has
|On-site testing and validation via SIMATIC PDM tool.|
Features to be considered for irrigation flow meters:
- Battery-powered for greater flexibility in the field
- Maintenance-free operation
- Tamper-proof and robust
- Flexible communication
- Qualification certificate
- Wireless solution
Benefit of the SITRANS F M MAG 8000
- Simple meter placement - floating chamber IP 68 (NEMA 6P) design ensures continuous filterless performance regardless of position or in-line piping stresses, even when buried underground
- Low pressure loss - unrestricted flow tube ensures minimal pressure loss even at high flow rates and reduces overall network system pressure, helping to prevent leakage from burst pipes and excess stress placed on pumping stations
- Zero maintenance – no moving parts and 10-year battery life
- Bi-directional measurement - only one meter required for measurement in both directions
- Installation requires 0D inlet to and outlet from the sensor - eliminating concerns about where the meter is installed
- Intelligent meter – capable of leak detection, data logging and error self-detection
- Remote capabilities – stay up-to-date on measurement data without having to visit the site through optional GSM/GPRS Wireless Communication Module